Thursday, July 04, 2013

AMAZON BESTSELLER- Maven Fairy Godmother



Maven Fairy Godmother: Through the Veil

by 
Charlotte Henley Babb

ABOUT THE BOOK:- 
Maven's new dream job--fairy godmother--presents more problems than she expects when she learns that Faery is on the verge of collapse, and the person who is training her isn't giving her the facts--and may be out to kill her. Will she be able to make all the fractured fairy tales fit together into a happy ending, or will she be eaten by a troll?

BUY IT NOW!


ACCORDING TO THE READERS:-

It was very well written and very easy to read. Courtney Bond  |  10 reviewers made a similar statement
So you need to read this book at least twice. Rochelle Weber  |  8 reviewers made a similar statement
You'll just have to read the book to get the answer. Gordon A. Long  |  5 reviewers made a similar statement
BUY IT NOW!


FROM THE AUTHOR:-

While I have always loved fairy tales, even as a child I felt like the ugly stepsister. I think the issue was my feet--I could wear my mom's size 6 shoes when I was six. Now I clump around in 42R Birks. If a prince were looking for me, he'd have to find someone who could keep her feet in my shoes. 
I was drawn to the fairy godmother character because she made things happen. She opened doors and changed the circumstances so that the girl could give her dream a shot. Who isn't drawn to the idea of power, of making things happen?

When I was a public school teacher, I saw a lot of cinderellas and cinderfellas that had everything they needed except self-esteem and a vision for the future. These students needed someone to tell them that they were okay, that they were smart, that they were able to go out in the world and be valuable, contributing members of society. They could be somebody. 
I wanted to be their fairy godmother. 
When I decided finally to be the author I had dreamed of being since I read Little Women at age 9, I chose the fairy godmother as my character. She doesn't look as much like me as she did then, but we've grown together, and Maven has granted more than one of my wishes. Now I'm working on granting more of hers.

BUY IT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.